Note: 2021 grant has not yet officially launched. You may still apply in advance.
OUR ANNUAL COMMITMENT
$100K annual grant to support teacher recruitment efforts of high needs PK-12 schools.
About THE GRANT
How the grant can help.
Our Grant Program supports the teacher outreach and recruitment efforts of high needs schools. Our 2020 grant, the Urban Teacher Recruitment Grant Program, focused on high needs schools most impacted by COVID-19.
With schools making decisions on the safest ways to reopen their doors for the 2021-2022 school year, the 2021 Grant Program’s aim is to support the teacher outreach and recruitment efforts of Title 1 schools.
- Selection Process
- We know schools have a lot on their plate, and while recruiting right-fit hires is a top priority — it isn’t the only one. To make the process as simple as possible, this year’s application is based solely on eligibility requirements with a lottery-based selection process. The application itself consists of just a few short questions and can be completed in minutes.
- The $2,000 grant includes:
- 3 months of unlimited candidate messaging on Selected
- 5 job posts
- A bank of recruitment and hiring best practices and resources
We are committed to awarding 50 Title 1 grantees in 2021.
Grantees receive a $2,000 plan to connect with their own pre-vetted, curated pool of teachers and school leaders on Selected.
View last year's grantees
Regional grant partners
- Partner with us
- Are you a large school district, network, or school support organization or foundation that is looking to better support the recruitment needs of your member schools?
We would love to partner on regional or member-focused Grant Programs. Contact us.
- Examples include:
- Blitz Week in Chicago (Illinois Network of Charter Schools)
- All Access for Option 3 Charter Schools (Los Angeles Unified School District)
- Selected is the teacher outreach and hiring platform trusted by over 1,400 PK-12 public and private schools since 2016. Our mission is to ensure schools have access to diverse, qualified, and relevant teachers for less. 40% of teachers on Selected identify as people of color.
Our platform is specifically designed to simplify teacher sourcing for PK-12 schools:
- Pre-vetted, diverse, and relevant candidate pool refreshed daily: you only see active candidates already interested in attributes of your school, including type, grade levels, and location.
- Job posts and targeted outreach that work: message matching candidates directly or post a job that automatically markets your open roles and school to best fit candidates.
Is my school, network, or district eligible?
- Be a Title 1 PK-12 school with school-level* hiring functions, district, or network
- Be in operation for at least one full academic year
- Commit to sharing hiring data and results during the course of the grant, if awarded
- Complete online application** by deadline
- * What are school-level hiring functions? Having the hiring autonomy, authority, and budget at the school-level to be able to source and hire teachers.
- ** Quick application process based solely on eligibility requirements with a lottery based selection process
Priority metro areas served
INclusive of cities and surrounding communities
- We have prioritized specific metros and regions for the 2021 Grant Program. Don't let that discourage you! Depending on demand, we will likely extend grants to schools outside of the regions listed below.
- AZ: Phoenix and Tucson
- CA: Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area (SF, Oakland, San Jose), and Sacramento-Stockton
- CT: Bridgeport, New Haven, and Stamford
- DC: Washington DC
- MA: Boston and Springfield
- MD: Baltimore
- NJ: Camden, Newark, and Trenton
- NY: New York City
- PA: Philadelphia
- TX: Austin, San Antonio, and Midland-Odessa
- Not in your region? Let us know and you'll be among the first to know when we arrive.
- Are there any additional, hidden, or required fees for grantees?
- No. There are no hidden fees, no additional hiring fees, no purchase required, and no matching fund requirement. Once the subscription plan ends, grantees have the option, but are not required, to extend the plan or purchase additional job posts if they'd like to continue using Selected.
- Additional Questions? Contact us.
Additional Fine Print
- Subscription plans awarded to grantees expire on July 31, 2021
- Subscription plans are not transferable to another entity
- We reserve the right to use grantees’ names and trademarks in promotional and marketing materials related to the Grant Program, publicly and privately without limitation
- Grant terms and conditions
SUPPORT FOR SCHOOLS FROM SELECTED
Free Teacher Recruitment and Outreach Support
All schools, regardless of size and student population, are entitled to a free employer account, and access to our recruitment support resources. The Grant Program aims to do even more for schools most impacted.
Free and open access
Sign up for a free employer account and view your curated candidate pool before committing to anything.
Remote hiring practices
Our best advice on how to source, screen, and hire teachers -- and promote your school virtually.
Simplified Urban Teacher Outreach and Sourcing
Qualified, diverse, and relevant, and responsive teachers sourced and curated for your school on Selected.